Applying water fogging system to air-cooled chillers can improve the efficiency under most of the working conditions, as the water mist could lower the air temperature entering the condenser.
On typical air-cooled chillers, a reduction in condenser air temperature of 6 °C will result 14% improvement in efficiency and 12°C about 25-30%.
- Air temperature outside the unit lowered by up to 12 C
- Energy consumption decreased, as much as 30%
- Increase the efficiency of HVAC units up to 30%
- Live of the whole system extended
- Low start up and operating costs
- Quick installation
Tests have shown that this power absorbing reduction is achievable, although it depends on external factors such as saturation level.